- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- British soldier hacked to death in suspected Islamist attack
Mexico stocks fall sharply on drop in Femsa, Modelo
MEXICO CITY |
MEXICO CITY Jan 31 (Reuters) - Mexican stocks fell sharply as bottler Femsa slumped off a record high after Morgan Stanley cut back its recommendation on the stock and brewer Modelo tumbled to a seven-month low.
The benchmark IPC stock index fell 1 percent, heading for its biggest one-day drop since mid-November.
Modelo, the maker of Corona beer, fell 7 percent after the U.S. Justice Department filed a lawsuit seeking to stop Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA from buying the half of Modelo that it does not already own.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this