Spanish stocks - Factors to watch on Thursday
MADRID Jan 31 (Reuters) - The following Spanish stocks may be affected by newspaper reports and other factors on Thursday. Reuters has not verified the newspaper reports, and cannot vouch for their accuracy:
Spain's biggest bank Santander SAN.MC on Thursday said its 2012 net profit had more than halved, hurt by writedowns on soured property assets at home while profit from key growth spots such as Latin America also fell.
Spanish lender Popular POP.MC named risk officer Francisco Gomez Martin as its new chief executive on Wednesday, a role that until now had been vacant leaving Chairman Angel Ron as the top executive.
The Spanish government is negotiating with Venezuela to unblock the repatriation of 1.5 billion euros of dividend payments from Telefonica and BBVA subsidiaries, Expansion reported, without naming sources.
For today's European market outlook double click on.
For real-time moves on the Spanish blue-chip index IBEX please double click on
For IBEX constituent stocks highlight .IBEX in the command box and press the F3 button on your keyboard
For latest news on Spanish stock moves double click
For Spanish language market report double click on
For latest Eurostocks report please double click on
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as Moscow pours in troops |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister