Prices for U.S. Treasuries pare early gains and drop
NEW YORK Jan 31 (Reuters) - Prices for U.S. Treasuries pared early gains and dropped on Thursday as investors looked ahead to key jobs data on Friday.
Prices for benchmark 10-year government debt fell 2/32 to yield 1.998 percent. Thirty-year bonds fell 6/32 to yield 3.191 percent.
Investors are looking to nonfarm payrolls data on Friday to shed light on job growth in the world's biggest economy.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- Alibaba surges 38 percent on massive demand in market debut |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |