Prices for U.S. Treasuries pare early gains and drop
NEW YORK Jan 31 (Reuters) - Prices for U.S. Treasuries pared early gains and dropped on Thursday as investors looked ahead to key jobs data on Friday.
Prices for benchmark 10-year government debt fell 2/32 to yield 1.998 percent. Thirty-year bonds fell 6/32 to yield 3.191 percent.
Investors are looking to nonfarm payrolls data on Friday to shed light on job growth in the world's biggest economy.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls