Prices for U.S. Treasuries pare early gains and drop
NEW YORK Jan 31 (Reuters) - Prices for U.S. Treasuries pared early gains and dropped on Thursday as investors looked ahead to key jobs data on Friday.
Prices for benchmark 10-year government debt fell 2/32 to yield 1.998 percent. Thirty-year bonds fell 6/32 to yield 3.191 percent.
Investors are looking to nonfarm payrolls data on Friday to shed light on job growth in the world's biggest economy.
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- No criminal charges in fatal gun range shooting by nine-year-old girl
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Chinese interceptions of U.S. military planes could intensify due to submarine base