US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street opens flat after mixed data
NEW YORK Jan 31 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened flat on Thursday as economic data continued to paint a mixed picture of the economy and as investors sifted through a host of corporate earnings reports.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 16.05 points, or 0.12 percent, at 13,894.37. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 1.81 points, or 0.12 percent, at 1,500.15. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 0.55 points, or 0.02 percent, at 3,141.75.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |