US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street opens flat after mixed data
NEW YORK Jan 31 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened flat on Thursday as economic data continued to paint a mixed picture of the economy and as investors sifted through a host of corporate earnings reports.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 16.05 points, or 0.12 percent, at 13,894.37. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 1.81 points, or 0.12 percent, at 1,500.15. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 0.55 points, or 0.02 percent, at 3,141.75.
- Restraint marks Ferguson, Missouri protests for third straight night |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- Trucks from aid convoy to Ukraine start crossing back into Russia |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist