US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall Street opens flat after mixed data
NEW YORK Jan 31 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks opened flat on Thursday as economic data continued to paint a mixed picture of the economy and as investors sifted through a host of corporate earnings reports.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 16.05 points, or 0.12 percent, at 13,894.37. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 1.81 points, or 0.12 percent, at 1,500.15. The Nasdaq Composite Index was down 0.55 points, or 0.02 percent, at 3,141.75.
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist |
- Missouri suburb braces for more racial unrest but calm prevails
- 'No' from one Iraq villager triggered Islamic State mass killings |
- Advancing Ukraine troops take fight to heart of pro-Moscow rebellion |
- Islamic State says beheads U.S. journalist, holds another