Mexico's Modelo says sale to AB InBev will not close in Q1
MEXICO CITY Jan 31 (Reuters) - Mexican brewer Modelo said on Thursday that Anheuser-Busch Inbev informed the company it will fight the U.S. Justice Department's lawsuit seeking to stop the Belgian-based brewer from buying the half of Modelo that it does not already own.
Grupo Modelo no longer expects the deal to be completed in the first quarter, the company said in a statement to Mexico's stock exchange.
The Mexican brewer added that it has no further comment on the U.S. Justice Department's announcement.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off from Philadelphia airport