Mexico's Modelo says sale to AB InBev will not close in Q1
MEXICO CITY Jan 31 (Reuters) - Mexican brewer Modelo said on Thursday that Anheuser-Busch Inbev informed the company it will fight the U.S. Justice Department's lawsuit seeking to stop the Belgian-based brewer from buying the half of Modelo that it does not already own.
Grupo Modelo no longer expects the deal to be completed in the first quarter, the company said in a statement to Mexico's stock exchange.
The Mexican brewer added that it has no further comment on the U.S. Justice Department's announcement.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Israeli strikes kill more Palestinians; rocket causes huge blaze in Israel |
- Four servicemen, five miners killed in eastern Ukraine |
- Obama tells Israel U.S. ready to help end hostilities
- Man charged with killing six members of same Texas family |