Mexico's Modelo says sale to AB InBev will not close in Q1
MEXICO CITY Jan 31 (Reuters) - Mexican brewer Modelo said on Thursday that Anheuser-Busch Inbev informed the company it will fight the U.S. Justice Department's lawsuit seeking to stop the Belgian-based brewer from buying the half of Modelo that it does not already own.
Grupo Modelo no longer expects the deal to be completed in the first quarter, the company said in a statement to Mexico's stock exchange.
The Mexican brewer added that it has no further comment on the U.S. Justice Department's announcement.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details