AB InBev says to vigorously contest DOJ challenge to Modelo buy
BRUSSELS Jan 31 (Reuters) - Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world's largest brewer, said on Thursday it would "vigorously" contest a U.S. Justice Department lawsuit seeking to block it from taking full control of Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo .
AB InBev said the Department of Justice's action was "inconsistent with the law, the facts and the reality of the market place."
"We remain confident in our position, and we intend to vigorously contest the DOJ's action in federal court," the company said in a statement.
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- F-16s dispatched for unresponsive pilot of small plane near D.C.
- Islamic State militants behead captive Lebanese soldier: video
- Car tied to suspected threat against Obama found in Connecticut