AB InBev says to vigorously contest DOJ challenge to Modelo buy
BRUSSELS Jan 31 (Reuters) - Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world's largest brewer, said on Thursday it would "vigorously" contest a U.S. Justice Department lawsuit seeking to block it from taking full control of Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo .
AB InBev said the Department of Justice's action was "inconsistent with the law, the facts and the reality of the market place."
"We remain confident in our position, and we intend to vigorously contest the DOJ's action in federal court," the company said in a statement.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote