N Brown names Angela Spindler as new CEO
* Angela Spindler named CEO
* Spindler to succeed Alan White before July
LONDON Jan 31 (Reuters) - British home-shopping group N Brown said Angela Spindler will succeed Alan White as chief executive when he retires this summer after 10 years in the top job.
Spindler has been CEO of The Original Factory Shop since 2009 and prior to that had roles at Coca-Cola Co, Pedigree Masterfoods, Asda and Debenhams.
The Manchester, northwest England-based group, which targets older and larger shoppers with brands such as Simply Be, Jacamo and Marisota, said on Thursday Spindler will join the business before July 1.
White is retiring after 25 years with the firm and plans to build a portfolio of non-executive directorships.
Shares in N Brown closed on Wednesday at 357.5 pence, valuing the business at 1.01 billion pounds ($1.6 billion).
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data