PulteGroup profit jumps fourfold, orders rise
Jan 31 (Reuters) - PulteGroup Inc, the No. 2 U.S. homebuilder, reported a fourfold increase in fourth-quarter profit as it sold more homes at higher prices and said orders jumped 27 percent.
Net income rose to $58.7 million, or 15 cents per share, in the quarter ended Dec. 31 from $13.8 million, or 4 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 25 percent to $1.57 billion.
Net orders were up at 3,926 homes.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |