REFILE-Skyworks profit beats estimates
Jan 30 (Reuters) - Skyworks Solutions Inc posted better-than-expected quarterly results on higher demand for its chips used to connect cellphones to the network.
Net income for the Apple Inc supplier rose to $66.5 million, or 34 cents per share, in the first quarter, from $57.1 million, or 30 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company earned 55 cents per share. Revenue rose 15 percent to $454 million.
Analysts on average were expecting earnings of 54 cents per share on revenue of 450.5 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Rebellious Nevada rancher's slavery remarks dim Republican support
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Search for missing Malaysian jet may take years: U.S. official
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Exclusive: Obama may call EU leaders in Russia sanctions push - sources