REFILE-Skyworks profit beats estimates
Jan 30 (Reuters) - Skyworks Solutions Inc posted better-than-expected quarterly results on higher demand for its chips used to connect cellphones to the network.
Net income for the Apple Inc supplier rose to $66.5 million, or 34 cents per share, in the first quarter, from $57.1 million, or 30 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company earned 55 cents per share. Revenue rose 15 percent to $454 million.
Analysts on average were expecting earnings of 54 cents per share on revenue of 450.5 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Mandela signer hits back: I'm sign language champion |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA