REFILE-Skyworks profit beats estimates
Jan 30 (Reuters) - Skyworks Solutions Inc posted better-than-expected quarterly results on higher demand for its chips used to connect cellphones to the network.
Net income for the Apple Inc supplier rose to $66.5 million, or 34 cents per share, in the first quarter, from $57.1 million, or 30 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company earned 55 cents per share. Revenue rose 15 percent to $454 million.
Analysts on average were expecting earnings of 54 cents per share on revenue of 450.5 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Hong Kong police use pepper spray to disperse pro-democracy protesters |
- Dozens arrested at Made in America music festival in Los Angeles
- Putin calls for talks on east Ukraine 'statehood'; rebels fire on ship |
- Israel claims West Bank land for possible settlement use, draws U.S. rebuke
- Pakistani protesters push closer to PM house, force TV off the air |