STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil's JBS completes buyout of troubled rival Independencia
JBS SA, the world's largest meat packer, completed on Thursday the acquisition of Brazilian rival Independencia in an all-stock transaction.
JBS will hand over shareholders of Independencia, which in 2009 entered bankruptcy proceedings after failing to honor some of its obligations, as many as 22.99 million shares it kept at its coffers, according to a securities filing on Thursday.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter