Softbank posts 12.6 pct operating profit rise in Apr-Dec
TOKYO Jan 31 (Reuters) - Softbank Corp, Japan's third largest mobile carrier, posted a 12.6 percent rise in operating profit in the nine months to December, as iPhone subscriptions stayed strong, the company said on Thursday.
Softbank, which made history last year by agreeing to buy Sprint Nextel Corp for $20.1 billion in the biggest foreign acquisition for a Japanese company to date, also said its subscribers increased 2.37 million in the nine-month period. (Reporting by Sophie Knight; Editing by Stephen Coates)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls