Santander studying Catalunya Banc sale - chairman
MADRID Jan 31 (Reuters) - Spain's Santander said on Thursday that it was looking at state-rescued lender Catalunya Banc, which is now being auctioned by the government, with great interest.
"We will study all the possible operations and will be looking at Catalunya Banc with the greatest interest," Santander Chairman Emilio Botin told a news conference, when asked about possible acquisitions in Spain. (Reporting by Sarah White; Editing by Tracy Rucinski)
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ
- Malaysia failing credibility test as flight confusion deepens
- NYC buildings explosion kills 6, others missing