Santander studying Catalunya Banc sale - chairman
MADRID Jan 31 (Reuters) - Spain's Santander said on Thursday that it was looking at state-rescued lender Catalunya Banc, which is now being auctioned by the government, with great interest.
"We will study all the possible operations and will be looking at Catalunya Banc with the greatest interest," Santander Chairman Emilio Botin told a news conference, when asked about possible acquisitions in Spain. (Reporting by Sarah White; Editing by Tracy Rucinski)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Investigators look overseas for hackers in Target case: source
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter