India's Axis Bank raises $1 billion via share sale
(Reuters) - Indian private sector lender Axis Bank Ltd (AXBK.NS) said on Thursday it has raised a total of 55.4 billion rupees ($1.04 billion) through the sale of shares, in the biggest equity deal in more than a month in Asia's third-largest economy.
The bank raised 47.3 billion rupees by selling shares to institutional investors, while the rest of the amount was raised via sale to some existing shareholders.
Axis Bank had launched the offering late on Monday.
(Reporting by Aradhana Aravindan; Editing by Anand Basu)
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- Global stocks extend rally, S&P at new high as data signals growth
- Thai junta leader appointed PM by hand-picked parliament |