Rome prosecutors open Monte Paschi manipulation probe
ROME (Reuters) - Rome prosecutors have opened an investigation into suspected market manipulation related to the troubled Monte dei Paschi di Siena bank (BMPS.MI), following an application presented by consumer rights association Codacons, a statement from the prosecutors' office said.
It said it would make a decision in the next few days over whether to proceed with the case but gave no further details.
(Reporting By Antonella Cinelli)
- Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- UPDATE 2-Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found
- U.S. mother, officials settle suit over airport breast milk
- Explosion shuts large natural gas processing plant in Wyoming