Rome prosecutors open Monte Paschi manipulation probe
ROME (Reuters) - Rome prosecutors have opened an investigation into suspected market manipulation related to the troubled Monte dei Paschi di Siena bank (BMPS.MI), following an application presented by consumer rights association Codacons, a statement from the prosecutors' office said.
It said it would make a decision in the next few days over whether to proceed with the case but gave no further details.
(Reporting By Antonella Cinelli)
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia