Rome prosecutors open Monte Paschi manipulation probe
ROME (Reuters) - Rome prosecutors have opened an investigation into suspected market manipulation related to the troubled Monte dei Paschi di Siena bank (BMPS.MI), following an application presented by consumer rights association Codacons, a statement from the prosecutors' office said.
It said it would make a decision in the next few days over whether to proceed with the case but gave no further details.
(Reporting By Antonella Cinelli)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data