Morgan Stanley raises CEO Gorman's base salary to $1.5 million
(Reuters) - Morgan Stanley Inc (MS.N) said Chief Executive James Gorman will receive a base salary of $1.5 million in 2013, nearly double the $800,000 he received last year.
Morgan Stanley said the raise was to bring Gorman's salary into line with the salaries paid to chief executives at rival financial institutions and to achieve an appropriate balance between fixed and at-risk variable compensation.
(Reporting by A. Ananthalakshmi in Bangalore; Editing by Supriya Kurane)
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Wall Street yawns as deal news offsets data; Herbalife sinks