Morgan Stanley raises CEO Gorman's base salary to $1.5 million
(Reuters) - Morgan Stanley Inc (MS.N) said Chief Executive James Gorman will receive a base salary of $1.5 million in 2013, nearly double the $800,000 he received last year.
Morgan Stanley said the raise was to bring Gorman's salary into line with the salaries paid to chief executives at rival financial institutions and to achieve an appropriate balance between fixed and at-risk variable compensation.
(Reporting by A. Ananthalakshmi in Bangalore; Editing by Supriya Kurane)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades