Morgan Stanley raises CEO Gorman's base salary to $1.5 million
(Reuters) - Morgan Stanley Inc (MS.N) said Chief Executive James Gorman will receive a base salary of $1.5 million in 2013, nearly double the $800,000 he received last year.
Morgan Stanley said the raise was to bring Gorman's salary into line with the salaries paid to chief executives at rival financial institutions and to achieve an appropriate balance between fixed and at-risk variable compensation.
(Reporting by A. Ananthalakshmi in Bangalore; Editing by Supriya Kurane)
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Zimmer to buy Biomet for $13.35 billion in latest consolidation