Morgan Stanley raises CEO Gorman's base salary to $1.5 million
(Reuters) - Morgan Stanley Inc (MS.N) said Chief Executive James Gorman will receive a base salary of $1.5 million in 2013, nearly double the $800,000 he received last year.
Morgan Stanley said the raise was to bring Gorman's salary into line with the salaries paid to chief executives at rival financial institutions and to achieve an appropriate balance between fixed and at-risk variable compensation.
(Reporting by A. Ananthalakshmi in Bangalore; Editing by Supriya Kurane)
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- On eve of secession vote, UK's fate hangs on a divided Scotland |
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies