Syria summons U.N. Golan commander to protest Israel attack
BEIRUT (Reuters) - Syria summoned the head of a United Nations mission in the Golan Heights on Thursday to protest against an Israeli air raid which Damascus said is a violation of a disengagement accord that followed the last major war between the two countries.
State media said Major General Iqbal Singha, head of the UNDOF peacekeeping force, was summoned to the Foreign Ministry where the protest was delivered.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |