Viacom profit falls on lower revenue from movies
Jan 31 (Reuters) - Viacom Inc said on Thursday that quarterly revenue fell 16 percent to $3.3 billion mainly on weaker results from its Paramount Pictures unit.
The media conglomerate reported net income of $473 million, or 93 cents per share, for the first quarter ending Dec. 31, compared with $591 million, or $1.06 per share, for the same period last year.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad