Zimmer posts slightly weaker earnings, but beats Street view
Jan 31 (Reuters) - Zimmer Holdings Inc on Thursday reported slightly weaker quarterly net earnings, as the orthopedic device maker continued to trim costs.
Fourth-quarter net earnings were $152.8 million or 88 cents per share, compared with $156.6 million, or 87 cents per share. There were fewer shares outstanding this year.
Excluding items, adjusted earnings were $1.51, which beat the average estimate on Wall Street of $1.49, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Sales were $1.18 billion in the quarter, up from $1.17 billion a year before.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source