CORRECTED-Aon profit rises as margin improves in human resource business
(Corrects revenue figure in paragraph 4 to $3.1 billion from $3.1 million)
Feb 1 (Reuters) - Aon Plc, the world's largest insurance broker, reported a higher quarterly profit as margin pressures eased at its human resource business.
Net income rose to $305 million, or 93 cents per share, in the fourth quarter, from $277 million, or 67 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, which includes investment loss or gains, the company earned $1.27 per share.
Total revenue rose 4 percent $3.1 billion.
Analysts on average had expected earnings of $1.26 per share on revenue of $3.07 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. (Reporting by Avik Das in Bangalore)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief