- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- Powerful tornadoes strike in four central U.S. states
- Hezbollah steps up Syria battle, Israel threatens more strikes |
- Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift big winners at Billboard Awards
Beam profit slips after marketing boost
Feb 1 (Reuters) - Beam Inc reported lower quarterly earnings, excluding items, due to a 20 percent increase in how much it spent to advertise its alcoholic drinks during the key holiday season.
On a net basis, the maker of Jim Beam, Maker's Mark and Knob Creek bourbons said on Friday that earnings were $126.3 million, or 79 cents per share, in the fourth quarter, up from $88.5 million, or 56 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding special items, earnings fell 3 percent to 67 cents per share, the company said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this