Brazil industrial output stagnant in Dec vs Nov
SAO PAULO Feb 1 (Reuters) - Industrial production in Brazil failed to expand in December from November, posting 0.0 percent growth, government statistics agency IBGE said on Friday.
Production had been expected to shrink 0.35 percent, according to the median estimate of 27 analysts in a Reuters survey. The forecasts ranged from a 1.3 percent drop to a 0.3 percent rise.
December's industrial production contracted 3.6 percent from a year earlier, less than the 4.7 percent decline forecast in the Reuters survey. Estimates for the drop ranged from 1.8 percent to 5.7 percent.
In 2012, Brazil's industrial output contracted 2.7 percent.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data