Carlsberg signs JV deal to enter Myanmar
COPENHAGEN Feb 1 (Reuters) - Danish brewer Carlsberg has signed a deal with a privately owned local beverage company, Myanmar Golden Star (MGS) Breweries, to brew and market Carlsberg beers in the country.
Carlsberg said in a statement on Friday that the companies plan to set up a new greenfield brewery and distribute Carlsberg beers in the local market.
The joint venture is 51 percent owned by Carlsberg, the brewer said.
(Reporting by Copenhagen Newsroom; Editing by Ken Wills)
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details |