Carlsberg signs JV deal to enter Myanmar
COPENHAGEN Feb 1 (Reuters) - Danish brewer Carlsberg has signed a deal with a privately owned local beverage company, Myanmar Golden Star (MGS) Breweries, to brew and market Carlsberg beers in the country.
Carlsberg said in a statement on Friday that the companies plan to set up a new greenfield brewery and distribute Carlsberg beers in the local market.
The joint venture is 51 percent owned by Carlsberg, the brewer said.
(Reporting by Copenhagen Newsroom; Editing by Ken Wills)
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- U.N. told up to 500 killed in South Sudan clashes: diplomats