Constellation attacks DOJ reasoning in move to block Modelo deal
Feb 1 (Reuters) - Constellation Brands Inc on Friday attacked the U.S. government's reasoning in suing to block Anheuser-Busch InBev's proposed $20.1 billion takeover of Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo.
Constellation, which would become the sole U.S. distributor of Modelo beers like Corona and Negra Modelo through a related $1.85 billion transaction, said Thursday's action by the Department of Justice "demonstrates its incomplete understanding of the proposed transaction."
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |
- Four beheaded corpses found in Egypt's Sinai: security sources
- Father of Texas 'affluenza' teen arrested for impersonating police officer
- Islamic State opens new anti-U.S. front with beheading video