Constellation attacks DOJ reasoning in move to block Modelo deal
Feb 1 (Reuters) - Constellation Brands Inc on Friday attacked the U.S. government's reasoning in suing to block Anheuser-Busch InBev's proposed $20.1 billion takeover of Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo.
Constellation, which would become the sole U.S. distributor of Modelo beers like Corona and Negra Modelo through a related $1.85 billion transaction, said Thursday's action by the Department of Justice "demonstrates its incomplete understanding of the proposed transaction."
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |