Constellation attacks DOJ reasoning in move to block Modelo deal
Feb 1 (Reuters) - Constellation Brands Inc on Friday attacked the U.S. government's reasoning in suing to block Anheuser-Busch InBev's proposed $20.1 billion takeover of Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo.
Constellation, which would become the sole U.S. distributor of Modelo beers like Corona and Negra Modelo through a related $1.85 billion transaction, said Thursday's action by the Department of Justice "demonstrates its incomplete understanding of the proposed transaction."
- U.S. military strike in Somalia targeted al Shabaab leader
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Islamic state issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |