Credit Agricole says starts paying back LTRO funds
PARIS Feb 1 (Reuters) - Credit Agricole has started repaying the cheap funds it borrowed from the European Central Bank at the height of the euro zone crisis, a spokeswoman for the French bank said on Friday.
The spokeswoman declined to elaborate.
Earlier this week larger French rival BNP Paribas' Chief Executive Jean-Laurent Bonnafe told Reuters that it had been part of the first wave of so called LTRO repayments. (Reporting by Christian Plumb; Editing by Elena Berton)
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling |
- Financial health: The four numbers to zero in on
- Ebola patient coming to U.S. as aid workers' health worsens
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |