Credit Agricole says starts paying back LTRO funds
PARIS Feb 1 (Reuters) - Credit Agricole has started repaying the cheap funds it borrowed from the European Central Bank at the height of the euro zone crisis, a spokeswoman for the French bank said on Friday.
The spokeswoman declined to elaborate.
Earlier this week larger French rival BNP Paribas' Chief Executive Jean-Laurent Bonnafe told Reuters that it had been part of the first wave of so called LTRO repayments. (Reporting by Christian Plumb; Editing by Elena Berton)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon, heads for Germany |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter