Deutsche Bank eyes credit asset sale to boost capital
LONDON, Feb 1 (IFR) - Deutsche Bank is poised to sell a complex credit trading portfolio as it seeks to drastically reduce its risk-weighted assets (RWAs) and rebuild capital levels.
The bank intends to shed EUR16bn of RWAs from its non-core operations unit by the end of March, via the sale of its so-called correlation book, according to a person with knowledge of the deal.
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Pfizer considers $100 billion bid for AstraZeneca: report
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, U.S. boxer famous in folk song, dies at 76