TVO receives suppliers' bids for Olkiluoto 4
HELSINKI Feb 1 (Reuters) - Finnish utility Teollisuuden Voima (TVO) received bids this week from five potential suppliers for its Olkiluoto 4 nuclear reactor on the west coast of Finland.
Areva, GE Hitachi , Korea Hydro and Nuclear Power, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and Toshiba had submitted bids, the company said.
TVO declined to say when it would decide on a supplier, although it needs to make a decision before submitting a construction licence application to the Finnish government, which is due by mid-2015.
Building work on the reactor will start after TVO obtains necessary approvals including a government construction licence.
Areva and Siemens AG have been working on another TVO reactor, Olkiluoto 3, and the project has been plagued by delays and ballooning costs.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Accused Pennsylvania sniper appears in court after $10 million manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows