TVO receives suppliers' bids for Olkiluoto 4
HELSINKI Feb 1 (Reuters) - Finnish utility Teollisuuden Voima (TVO) received bids this week from five potential suppliers for its Olkiluoto 4 nuclear reactor on the west coast of Finland.
Areva, GE Hitachi , Korea Hydro and Nuclear Power, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and Toshiba had submitted bids, the company said.
TVO declined to say when it would decide on a supplier, although it needs to make a decision before submitting a construction licence application to the Finnish government, which is due by mid-2015.
Building work on the reactor will start after TVO obtains necessary approvals including a government construction licence.
Areva and Siemens AG have been working on another TVO reactor, Olkiluoto 3, and the project has been plagued by delays and ballooning costs.
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist |
- Police move against protesters as calm dissolves in Ferguson, Missouri
- 'No' from one Iraq villager triggered Islamic State mass killings |
- Islamic State says beheads U.S. journalist, holds another
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |