TVO receives suppliers' bids for Olkiluoto 4
HELSINKI Feb 1 (Reuters) - Finnish utility Teollisuuden Voima (TVO) received bids this week from five potential suppliers for its Olkiluoto 4 nuclear reactor on the west coast of Finland.
Areva, GE Hitachi , Korea Hydro and Nuclear Power, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and Toshiba had submitted bids, the company said.
TVO declined to say when it would decide on a supplier, although it needs to make a decision before submitting a construction licence application to the Finnish government, which is due by mid-2015.
Building work on the reactor will start after TVO obtains necessary approvals including a government construction licence.
Areva and Siemens AG have been working on another TVO reactor, Olkiluoto 3, and the project has been plagued by delays and ballooning costs.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |