Google to pay 60 mln eur into French media fund
PARIS Feb 1 (Reuters) - Google will pay 60 million euros ($82 mln) into a fund to help French media develop their presence on the Internet under a deal signed with the French government on Friday, the president's office said.
Publishers in France had been pushing for Google to pay them copyright licensing fees for listing headlines and snippets of articles in its search engines.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data