Google to pay 60 mln eur into French media fund
PARIS Feb 1 (Reuters) - Google will pay 60 million euros ($82 mln) into a fund to help French media develop their presence on the Internet under a deal signed with the French government on Friday, the president's office said.
Publishers in France had been pushing for Google to pay them copyright licensing fees for listing headlines and snippets of articles in its search engines.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon, heads for Germany |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter