Google to pay 60 mln eur into French media fund
PARIS Feb 1 (Reuters) - Google will pay 60 million euros ($82 mln) into a fund to help French media develop their presence on the Internet under a deal signed with the French government on Friday, the president's office said.
Publishers in France had been pushing for Google to pay them copyright licensing fees for listing headlines and snippets of articles in its search engines.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet