Google to pay 60 mln eur into French media fund
PARIS Feb 1 (Reuters) - Google will pay 60 million euros ($82 mln) into a fund to help French media develop their presence on the Internet under a deal signed with the French government on Friday, the president's office said.
Publishers in France had been pushing for Google to pay them copyright licensing fees for listing headlines and snippets of articles in its search engines.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details