Google to pay 60 mln eur into French media fund
PARIS Feb 1 (Reuters) - Google will pay 60 million euros ($82 mln) into a fund to help French media develop their presence on the Internet under a deal signed with the French government on Friday, the president's office said.
Publishers in France had been pushing for Google to pay them copyright licensing fees for listing headlines and snippets of articles in its search engines.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source