India's GAIL says looking to buy U.S. shale assets jointly with EDF
NEW DELHI Feb 1 (Reuters) - GAIL (India) Ltd is looking to buy shale gas assets in the United States jointly with a unit of France's EDF, the Indian state-run gas transmission company's chairman B.C. Tripathi said on Friday.
India, the world's fourth-largest oil importer, imports about 80 percent its crude needs, and has been scouting for oil and gas assets overseas to satisfy rising local demand and to feed its expanding refining capacity.
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- CIA accused of spying on U.S. Senate intelligence committee