India's GAIL says looking to buy U.S. shale assets jointly with EDF
NEW DELHI Feb 1 (Reuters) - GAIL (India) Ltd is looking to buy shale gas assets in the United States jointly with a unit of France's EDF, the Indian state-run gas transmission company's chairman B.C. Tripathi said on Friday.
India, the world's fourth-largest oil importer, imports about 80 percent its crude needs, and has been scouting for oil and gas assets overseas to satisfy rising local demand and to feed its expanding refining capacity.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South