Greece to sell 625 mln of 6-month T-bills on Feb 5-debt agency
ATHENS Feb 1 (Reuters) - Greece will auction 625 million euros ($848 million) of six-month treasury bills on Feb. 5 to roll over maturing debt, the country's debt agency PDMA said on Friday.
The settlement date will be Feb. 8. Only primary dealers will be allowed to participate and no commission will be paid.
Monthly T-bill sales are Greece's sole remaining source of market funding. Greek banks buy the bulk of the issues and deposit them as collateral to draw liquidity from the central bank. ($1 = 0.7367 euros) (Reporting by Renee Maltezou)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls