Legg Mason swings to loss on asset writedowns
Feb 1 (Reuters) - Asset manager Legg Mason Inc said on Friday it swung to a quarterly loss due to charges for impaired assets.
For the three months ended Dec. 31, its third fiscal quarter, Legg Mason reported a net loss of $453.9 million, or $3.45 per share, compared with net income of $28.1 million, or 20 cents per share, in the same period a year earlier.
As it had forecast, Legg Mason's results included pretax charges of $734 million, or $508 million after taxes, to account for writing down the value of assets like fund management contracts and uncertainties such as its ongoing search for a new chief executive.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |