Dollar gains versus yen after U.S. consumer data
NEW YORK Feb 1 (Reuters) - The dollar extended gains versus the yen on Friday after data showed U.S. consumer sentiment unexpectedly improved in January.
The dollar rose as high as 92.10 yen after the data, compared with 91.97 earlier. It was last at 92.04 yen, up 0.3 percent on the day.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Investigators look overseas for hackers in Target case: source
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter