Dollar gains versus yen after U.S. consumer data
NEW YORK Feb 1 (Reuters) - The dollar extended gains versus the yen on Friday after data showed U.S. consumer sentiment unexpectedly improved in January.
The dollar rose as high as 92.10 yen after the data, compared with 91.97 earlier. It was last at 92.04 yen, up 0.3 percent on the day.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel