UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Feb. 1
LONDON, Feb. 1 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 6 to 13 points higher, or as much as 0.2 percent higher, according to financial bookmakers, with some investors betting on a better-than-expected U.S. jobs figures and expecting a rise in base metals prices to underpin mining stocks.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'