UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Feb. 1
LONDON, Feb. 1 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up 6 to 13 points higher, or as much as 0.2 percent higher, according to financial bookmakers, with some investors betting on a better-than-expected U.S. jobs figures and expecting a rise in base metals prices to underpin mining stocks.
- Gaza fighting abates as diplomatic tension flares |
- Hague court orders Russia to pay over $50 billion in Yukos case
- Europe nervy as Russian assets hit by new sanctions talk
- Ukraine troops advance as experts renew attempt to reach crash site
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine