US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Factory data pushes Wall Street higher
NEW YORK Feb 1 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks added to gains on Friday after data showed U.S. manufacturing grew at the fastest pace in nine months in January.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 119.9 points or 0.87 percent, to 13,980.48, the S&P 500 gained 11.28 points or 0.75 percent, to 1,509.39 and the Nasdaq Composite added 23.77 points or 0.76 percent, to 3,165.9.
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Libyan parliament sacks PM after tanker escapes rebel-held port