US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Factory data pushes Wall Street higher
NEW YORK Feb 1 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks added to gains on Friday after data showed U.S. manufacturing grew at the fastest pace in nine months in January.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 119.9 points or 0.87 percent, to 13,980.48, the S&P 500 gained 11.28 points or 0.75 percent, to 1,509.39 and the Nasdaq Composite added 23.77 points or 0.76 percent, to 3,165.9.
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- China and Hong Kong poised for showdown over democracy