US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Factory data pushes Wall Street higher
NEW YORK Feb 1 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks added to gains on Friday after data showed U.S. manufacturing grew at the fastest pace in nine months in January.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 119.9 points or 0.87 percent, to 13,980.48, the S&P 500 gained 11.28 points or 0.75 percent, to 1,509.39 and the Nasdaq Composite added 23.77 points or 0.76 percent, to 3,165.9.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards |
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia