US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Futures jump in wake of jobs report
NEW YORK Feb 1 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures added to gains on Friday in the wake of a payrolls report that showed modest jobs growth in January and upward revisions in December and November.
S&P 500 futures rose 11.8 points and were below fair value, a formula that evaluates pricing by taking into account interest rates, dividends and time to expiration of the contract. Dow Jones industrial average futures added 116 points and Nasdaq 100 futures rose 24 points.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea