US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Futures jump in wake of jobs report
NEW YORK Feb 1 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures added to gains on Friday in the wake of a payrolls report that showed modest jobs growth in January and upward revisions in December and November.
S&P 500 futures rose 11.8 points and were below fair value, a formula that evaluates pricing by taking into account interest rates, dividends and time to expiration of the contract. Dow Jones industrial average futures added 116 points and Nasdaq 100 futures rose 24 points.
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups begin three-day Gaza truce |
- Disappointment, uncertainty after India blocks WTO trade deal
- Tesla expects to boost 2015 output to more than 60,000
- Tea Party out-muscles Boehner on border-security funding