US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Futures hold gains after payrolls report
NEW YORK Feb 1 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures held on to gains on Friday after data showed U.S. job growth grew modestly in January and that gains in the previous two months were bigger than initially reported.
S&P 500 futures rose 6 points and were above fair value, a formula that evaluates pricing by taking into account interest rates, dividends and time to expiration of the contract. Dow Jones industrial average futures added 75 points and Nasdaq 100 futures rose 19 points.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message