National Oilwell profit rises on higher revenue from core business
Feb 1 (Reuters) - National Oilwell Varco Inc, the largest U.S. oilfield equipment maker, reported a 16 percent rise in quarterly profit on higher revenue from its rig technology business, its biggest.
Fourth-quarter net income increased to $668 million, or $1.56 per share, from $574 million, or $1.35 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 33 percent to $5.7 billion.
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Family of instructor killed at Arizona gun range does not blame girl