Former New York mayor Ed Koch dies - NPR radio
NEW YORK Feb 1 (Reuters) - Former New York City mayor Ed Koch died on Friday at age 88 after a year of repeated hospitalizations, NPR radio reported.
As mayor from 1978 to 1989, the forceful, quick-witted Koch, with his trademark phrase "How'm I Doing?," was a polarizing figure and the city's constant promoter.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections