Former New York mayor Ed Koch dies - NPR radio
NEW YORK Feb 1 (Reuters) - Former New York City mayor Ed Koch died on Friday at age 88 after a year of repeated hospitalizations, NPR radio reported.
As mayor from 1978 to 1989, the forceful, quick-witted Koch, with his trademark phrase "How'm I Doing?," was a polarizing figure and the city's constant promoter.
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source