Former New York mayor Ed Koch dies - NPR radio
NEW YORK Feb 1 (Reuters) - Former New York City mayor Ed Koch died on Friday at age 88 after a year of repeated hospitalizations, NPR radio reported.
As mayor from 1978 to 1989, the forceful, quick-witted Koch, with his trademark phrase "How'm I Doing?," was a polarizing figure and the city's constant promoter.
- Islamic State video claims to show beheading of U.S. journalist |
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |
- Four beheaded corpses found in Egypt's Sinai: security sources
- Father of Texas 'affluenza' teen arrested for impersonating police officer
- U.S. attorney general visits racially charged St. Louis suburb