TABLE-Swiss PMI rises to 52.5 in Jan
ZURICH, Feb 1 (Reuters) - The Swiss purchasing managers' index rose to a seasonally adjusted 52.5 points in January from a revised 49.2 points in the previous month, data showed on Friday. The index is compiled by the Swiss SVME purchasing managers' association and Credit Suisse. KEY FIGURES (in points, seasonally adjusted) Jan '13 Dec '12 Jan '12 PMI 52.5 49.2 (49.5) 47.8 * Number in brackets represents figure as originally reported. NOTE - The index is calculated on the basis of a monthly survey of SVME members; a value for the main index above 50 points indicates the manufacturing sector is expanding, a value below 50 signals a contraction. For more details of the Credit Suisse/SVME statement Reuters 3000 Xtra users can click on: here .BusinessCycle FORECASTS IN REUTERS POLL: MEDIAN 50.5 LOW 50.1 HIGH 50.5 BACKGROUND For a story on Swiss economy click on... For recent Swiss National Bank comments...
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |