Polish PM says treasury min's fate depends on flag carrier
WARSAW Feb 1 (Reuters) - The fate of Poland's treasury minister Mikolaj Budzanowski depends on the situation at the country's loss-making flag carrier LOT, Prime Minister Donald Tusk said on Friday.
"Budzanowski knows that his future in the government depends on his short-term efficiency regarding LOT," Tusk told a press briefing.
The treasury minister agreed to give LOT a 400 million zloty ($129.2 million) loan to prevent the airline from succumbing to its continuing losses and mounting debts.
"This is a test of the decision concerning the loan. If it does not have a healing effect shortly, it will mean the end of the minister's work," Tusk said. ($1 = 3.0966 Polish zlotys) (Reporting by Chris Borowski; Writing by Agnieszka Barteczko; Editing by David Holmes)
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill