Sharp says small, mid-size panel orders lower than expected
TOKYO Feb 1 (Reuters) - Japan's Sharp Corp said orders for small and medium size panels for smartphones came in below expectations. But television sales improved, a company executive said on Friday.
Sharp reported a rebound to an operating profit in the third quarter, improving the bailed-out consumer electronics maker's chances of convincing lenders and shareholders that it is a viable company.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards |
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia