Spain power rates to be de-linked from consumer price index
MADRID Feb 1 (Reuters) - Spain announced on Friday urgent measures to keep down power rates for companies and consumers.
Industry Minister Jose Manuel Soria said at a news conference that adjustments to prices charged by power transmitting and distributing companies would be indexed to core inflation rather than the consumer price index from now on.
He also announced a 2.2 billion euros emergency loan for the industry ministry to help cover any shortfall in the power market this year.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |