Spain power rates to be de-linked from consumer price index
MADRID Feb 1 (Reuters) - Spain announced on Friday urgent measures to keep down power rates for companies and consumers.
Industry Minister Jose Manuel Soria said at a news conference that adjustments to prices charged by power transmitting and distributing companies would be indexed to core inflation rather than the consumer price index from now on.
He also announced a 2.2 billion euros emergency loan for the industry ministry to help cover any shortfall in the power market this year.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |